- Pelvic Floor
- About Us
- BOOK ONLINE
Telehealth is the delivery of rehabilitation services by means of a variety of telecommunication technologies. Telehealth does not replace in-person care, but it does provide an option for assessment and treatment when in-person sessions are not possible.
We are excited to be offering Video or Phone Consultations, also known as TeleHealth or TeleRehab appointments! We want to continue to offer our patients the quality care and connection we strive to foster with every in-person interaction.
You can connect with your Physiotherapist, Chiropractor, Naturopathic Physician or Kinesiologist through our secure online platform or by phone.
While we take pride in our hands-on approach at the clinics, we all must recognize that one of our best tools is our knowledge and ability to engage the Patient in the Healing process. While by no means ideal, we have a firm belief that we can help you and make the best of the situation.
One-on-one, an uninterrupted session with your Practitioner to meet your rehabilitation needs. TELEHEALTH includes a wide range of services including:
1. Evaluation and Screening
· Screen you for serious issues that may require urgent medical attention e.g. Severe Nerve Compression or Infection
· Recommend performing additional testing and such as X-Rays, Blood Work or Physical Exam by your Medical Doctor
2. Education (on your diagnosis and prognosis)
· What is your clinical Diagnosis?
· What is your prognosis? How long it will take to recover?
· Treatment options discussion and planning
3. Exercise prescription
· Design an individually tailored exercise program including videos, exact prescriptions, specific notes
· Re-access your progress and make sure you are progressing and changing your exercises and activity levels
4. Self-management strategies
· eg sleeping positions, body mechanics, relaxation etc.
· options of maintaining healthy exercise and movement regime
· Advise on what simple equipment you can get to cope with your symptoms at home such as braces or TENS units
5. Supervision and coaching
· Providing appropriate notes and reports to other Care Providers and Stakeholders as needed (Medical Doctor, Workplace, ICBC/WSBC, Insurers, Orthotics, Braces etc)
Above all, we are Problem Solvers! We have an experienced team of therapists supporting each other behind the scenes, and we always figure it out.
Most insurance providers cover Physiotherapy, Chiropractic and Naturopathic TELEHEALTH services but will depend on your extended health benefits plan. You will be provided with an appropriate receipt. WorksafeBC(WCB) and ICBC also cover Telehealth services for the above professions(ICBC will also cover Kinesiology/Active Rehab)
We are currently using Jane (our booking and billing system) for TeleHealth Video-Assisted visits.
Physiotherapy, Chiropractic and Naturopathic Medicine are approved to be delivered online and are covered by most Benefits Providers and ICBC / WCB. Kinesiology (Active Rehab) are covered by ICBC only.
Appointments would have similar “direct contact” time with the therapist as regular “in-clinic” appointments. The therapist may take extra time to build and send an online exercise program or provide other subscriptions or educational materials.
We have a firm belief that we can maintain our high-quality standard of care for any condition. Any good treatment starts with a proper screening; we can do a good job of making sure what is your next step. Our practitioners had dedicated their lives to learning, and we are happy to share our knowledge with you. We can do our best to have a plan for you.
1. The key is to know what to get the advice for. Self-diagnosing rarely works.
2. We have experience doing this – we are now experts of thinking outside of the box
3. As regulated Health Care providers, we can review and update “official” recommendations such as notes for work, recommendations to ICBC / WCB and recommendations to purchase home care equipment.
Surprisingly, yes. We found out that this way we focus only on active / pro-active care strategies while avoiding some of the “nice, but not important” treatment modalities. Focusing on empowerment, exercise and education helped quite a few people
In the first 2 weeks since clinic(s) closure(s) on March 19th, 2020, we have delivered 395 TeleHealth appointments. Keeping a significantly reduced Clinical Team, allowed us to create good collaboration and ongoing education among all practitioners. Since then, we have delivered thousands of TeleHealth appointments.
TeleHealth can be delivered over the phone. While Video can be beneficial, we can still get by talking over the phone and engaging in dialogue with the patient. While it may be harder to demonstrate some things, we can still deliver exercise programs via Email, Fax, at clinic pick up or send it to your preferred family or friends.
We would love to continue your care using all our resources. The bottom line – we can not. And nobody else can. While those modalities and hands-on care, in general, can not be replaced, we can find other alternative strategies how to at the very least not get worse in the meantime. Often, exercises, self-mobilization strategies, and simple tools that can be bought online are good enough. While Coast takes pride in our top-of-the-line equipment, it is at the end of the day is only as good as the practitioner operating it. And that can carry over to the TeleHealth environment as well.
Of course! One of the advantages it can be delivered anywhere! The advantage for local residents to choose us is that we will be able to transition to in-clinic service on the day after (if necessary).
At this time, we are only offering TeleHeatlh to patients located in British Columbia.
Coast Therapy is an award-winning provider of Massage Therapy & Physiotherapy services to Port Coquitlam, East Vancouver, Port Moody, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge and Coquitlam residents for over 16 years.
We offer extensive experience in manual therapy and active care for complex sport & injury rehabilitation, prenatal & post-partum care, medical conditions, chronic pain, and general wellness concerns. Our therapists are experts in helping you achieve long-lasting pain relief and functional improvement.BOOK AN APPOINTMENT NOW Join Team